Take a Video of Your Cat Now – and You Could Win a Solar Powered Radio
Cutest Quake Cat Video Contest
Show us your cute cat and the steps you’ve taken to prepare them for an earthquake. Your video should include your cat and one or more of the following preparedness steps you’ve taken:
- Show us your cat’s emergency kit
- Show your cat hiding in the box you’ll use to store your earthquake supplies
- Show your cat playing with the toy they want in their emergency kit
- Show your cat helping you secure a piece of furniture or making an emergency plan.
Pick one task above, shoot a little camera-phone video of you and your cat tackling one of these tasks, then post the video to our Facebook contest page.
For speed of posting, try the Youtube method! Either way, though, the video ends up on our Facebook page and you’ll still be equally eligible to win.
Prize: After voting is finished, the top five vote-getters will receive the following:
- Eton Solar/crank radio/flashlight/USB cell phone charger so you can be the coolest on your block and tweet about the earthquake for days
- 2 Red Cross Pet Emergency Kits in case you need more for your pet
- 4 Red Cross Personal Emergency Kits each one designed to be a grab-and-go bag
- Totally Unprepared black logo t-shirts, one medium, one large, which you can put in your earthquake grab-and-go-bag so you will have a fresh t-shirt to wear
- 2 7 inch steel furniture cables can be used to anchor bookshelves or other furniture
- QuakeHold Big TV strap will work for an older style TV or can be used for other large appliances
- Gas shutoff wrench to shut off the gas if you smell it after an earthquake
- 8 Quakeguardian wine leashes that will protect your precious wine collection
- Totally Unprepared log light sticks act as a light in dark places
- Work gloves to protect your hands when moving fallen masonry or clearing up broken glass
- Quake gel/Quake putty to keep your precious breakables in place during the shaking
- 4 Emergency blankets that are compact enough to keep in a purse but will keep you warm when its cold outside
Add some bottled water, your favorite books, games, and a pair of shoes and you are set!
Submissions: Feb. 21, 2012 – Mar.20, 2012
Voting: Mar. 20, 2012 – Apr. 3, 2012
Rules: (See the official rules our lawyers made us post)