What Is In Your Earthquake Go-Bag Can Tell Us A Lot About You!
In celebration of National Preparedness Month, we at Totally Unprepared thought we would invite you to play a little game.
Each week, we’ll show you an earthquake preparedness kit for a famous person or character, filled with items they would include if they were going to put together an earthquake preparedness kit today. You try to guess who the kit belongs to once you see the personal items included. If this person was alive today, this is what he’d say about his go-bag’s specific items:
- Note “Eat all the ice cream in the fridge”: Ice cream is my favorite food, but you can’t put it in a go-bag. So when there’s an earthquake and the power goes out I want to remember to eat it all before it melts.
- Golf putter and golf balls: I never go anywhere without a golf club. I’m avid golfer and have taken it to places where a gun might have been more appropriate. When there’s an earthquake and no television for a while, I figure I’ll enjoy practicing my putting.
- Don Black signed baseball card: One of my favorite possessions is a signed Don Black baseball card from his time on the Cleveland Indians when they won the World Series in 1948. I take it everywhere.
- Chesterfield Cigarettes: I have to confess to having an addiction to tobacco. I’m not proud of it, but at the same time, I don’t want to try and quit in the aftermath of an earthquake. I’m going to keep some in my go-bag just in case.
- Handkerchief: Well I’ve got a big nose, and I figure after an earthquake there’s going to be a lot of dust, so this is a must.
Each day we will post another picture as a clue to help you guess. Every Friday we’ll reveal the identity of our mystery go-bag packer. Sound like fun? Okay, take a guess!